Measures small stocks. This index is a subset of the
Wilshire 5000. It represents a float adjusted, market capitalization-weighted portfolio of all
stocks below the 2,500th rank by market capitalization in the
Wilshire 5000 at March 31 and September 30 of each year.
- All stocks below the 2,500 largest stock in the Wilshire 5000 by market cap in March and September.
- Small-Cap to Micro-Cap buffer applied for companies ranked 2,001 to 3,000.
- Follows Wilshire 5000 membership guidelines.
Adjustments and Maintenance
- New stocks are added to the index monthly, as they are added to the Wilshire 5000.
- A security will be excluded from the index when it is removed from the Wilshire 5000.
- Shares outstanding and float factors are adjusted when they are changed in the Wilshire 5000 to reflect corporate events during the quarter; otherwise, shares outstanding and float factors are updated once a quarter.