Measures mid-sized stocks. This float adjusted, cap-weighted index is a combination of 500 large
and small stocks from the 501st largest in the
Wilshire 5000 to the 1,000th largest, by market cap, at March 31 and September 30 of each year.
- The 501st largest stock in the Wilshire 5000 to the 1,000th largest, by market cap in March and September.
- Large-Cap to Mid-Cap buffer applied for companies ranked 401 to 600.
- Mid-Cap to Small-Cap buffer applied for companies ranked 901 to 1,100.
- Follows Wilshire 5000 membership guidelines.
Adjustments and Maintenance
- New stocks are added to the index monthly, as they are added to the Wilshire 5000.
- A security will be excluded from the index when it is removed from the Wilshire 5000.
- Shares outstanding and float factors are adjusted when they are changed in the Wilshire 5000 to
reflect corporate events during the quarter; otherwise, shares outstanding and float factors are updated once a quarter.